Anyway, it came to us through a collegial contact at this tech startup EcoRebates.com. They provide outsourcing of green rebate programs for appliance companies, like Whirlpool, etc. to customers via mobile & web channels. From a PRWEb releases:
Ecorebates.com is a comprehensive information resource designed to help the consumers become more environmentally aware and make the best energy efficient appliance purchase decisions. The site provides up-to-date and relevant information on available incentives and rebates, program requirements, retail sources, and more.
This is a 12-14 week contract position, doesn't say it requires experience (you can be "green"), and it could turn permanent if you do a good job for them. And, it reports to one of our own SJSU MBA grads, so that's an added bonus. Note below that they will consider work-from-home and part-time, for strong candidates.
Here's the job description they sent:
Web/Data Management Analyst
Do you have a passion for both Clean Tech and the Internet? Do you love the fast-paced innovation of rapidly growing start-ups? If so we are hiring a Web/Data Management Analyst to join our team. Ideal candidate will have:
- a technical undergraduate degree
- proven track record of accomplishment
- highly detail-oriented yet with the ability to creatively solve problems with minimal oversight and guidance
- indomitable ability to get things done despite obstacles
- strong interest in gaining experience in B2B/B2C startup environment