- Axcient - open but pretty tech heavy
- Cisco - totally enthusiastic, left off MIS by mistake, promised to add next time, (talked to Angelina)
- eBay - enthusiastic, promised to add next time
- EMC - totally enthusiastic, left off MIS by mistake, offered tours & guest lectures, I talked to Paul.
- Fortinet - enthusiastic (I talked to Allison and Lee)
- Hitachi - open to MIS and planning to discuss at a staff meeting tomorrow for next time
- Intel - open, willing to accept MIS resumes for consideration
- Intuit - enthusiastic, planning to add MIS next time
- Junction - very enthusiastic; been looking for the bus+tech blend! first visit-will add next time, talk to "Grey"
- Juniper - totally enthusiastic, will add next time (talked to Erika)
- Maxim - fairly open to MIS but not enthusiastically so (yet)
- MobileSolution - missing, no show
- MobiTV - open but pretty tech-heavy
- Netsuite - expecting to be enthusiastic in spring when MIS position(s) open up; willing to talk now
- VMWare - totally enthusiastic
- Xactly - very enthusiastic; talk to Janet
Thursday, September 27, 2012
real-time job fair update
To follow up on my last post - I just left the job fair as it opened up to students and wanted to let everyone know what I heard when I talked to the employers that hadn't listed MIS specifically, even though I thought they should. I gave them a one-pager describing the program and chatted with them a bit. Most were totally enthusiastic and wished they had listed MIS and promised to next time. Those were happy that I had suggested students talk to them today anyway. A couple were open to MIS as a possibility but not totally enthusiastic (yet). Here are a few observations for each below. Hopefully folks will see this before you go or on your phone while you're standing in line there:
Hope that helps. Good luck!