Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dept Chair's chair: I'm out. Burkhard's in 4 now

In case you haven't noticed, I've been hard to find on the 2nd floor of BT these lately. Last summer, our Associate Dean for the Lucas Graduate School of Business left for a deanship at Hawaii Pacific University (can't blame her) and I was asked to step in as a temporary replacement for this year while a search is conducted.

Hence, I'm out as MIS department chair for now but not to worry because Professor Burkhard has graciously agreed to take occupy the chair's chair in my absence. He's terrific, as everyone knows, and will keep things going better and better in the MIS program while I'm away on the 3rd floor. Additionally, he'll be co-authoring this blog to help keep everyone up to date on the goings-on around here.

I do expect to be back as department chair sometime during the summer but will also try to maintain a presence here as much as I can. But you see now why I've been running so far behind so far this year.

In any case, stay tuned. There will be some important announcements coming up here very soon regarding at least one and probably two of the top employers that everyone is dying to work for (including me but I'm too old). More soon... 

1 comment:

  1. I know this chair is not that chair, but i still want to write here for my Louis Ghost Chair Supplier

    ReplyDelete