|Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Obviously this is a great company, a leader in the hot, hot field of InfoSec and they've hired our students before. So you've got a terrific opportunity here to gain some valuable job experience and at the same time fight the good fight against the hackers & other bad guys out there. Check them out:
Both positions are in the Information Security Department at Symantec, one in the Security Management function and one in Risk & Compliance. The responsibilities and eligible graduation dates of each are listed below.
Security Management (Graduating between May 2012 – December 2012)
- Supporting security reviews of applications and network/security infrastructure platforms
- Supporting regulatory and technology risk assessments of new business initiatives
- Assisting with defining, updating, and enforcing Information Security Policies and Standards
- Supporting external/internal regulatory and/or technology audits across the enterprise
- Assisting in the management of security management services including: ad hoc security risk assessments, change and project security assessments, policy and standard exception processing, privacy risk assessments, data protection assessments and planning, 3rd party/vendor risk assessments.
The main functions of this role are to reduce financial and operational risks by:
- Assisting with the planning and execution of recurring regulatory assessments such as SOX, PCI, and security related reviews.
- Participate in security reviews to ensure that Security is integrated in each stage of the lifecycle.
- Providing assistance with the management of third party certifications/attestations
- Learning and providing security or compliance subject matter expertise through business projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management, and leadership skills,
presentation experience a plus
- General understanding of application/infrastructure security concepts, techniques, technologies,
- Must be able to participate in a team based working model
- Management Information Systems Major, Business Administration Major, Computer Science
- 3.0 or higher GPA Major & Overall
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently. Our software and services protect completely, in ways that can be easily managed and with controls that can be enforced automatically – enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Information Security at Symantec is responsible for all aspects of InfoSec and is centralized to meet that goal. With a broad range of requirements, Information Security is broken down into five main functions, Risk and Compliance, Threat Response, Strategy and Planning, Special Security and Security Management. Symantec's Information Security group consists of experts in many fields to ensure that Symantec's data and technical resources are protected.