Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Job Fair Flash: Many employers want MIS but didn't say so

So I just got back from the Job Fair. As I mentioned in the last post, I wanted to get in ahead of the students and talk to the employers that I thought should be interviewing our students, even though they didn't list MIS. I took them a one-page description of the MIS program and described how our students have both the technology and business, etc. Well, as I had suspected, nearly all of them said yes, they wanted to talk to MIS students, too. So I hope you guys are taking the advice I gave in the last posting to go ahead and approach these other places. Here's a list of the ones I just spoke with just now that welcome MIS even though they didn't say so:
  • Applied Materials (interested)
  • Axcient (very interested)
  • Cisco (totally knows they hire our students and welcome more)
  • CTB/McGraw-Hill (had some good ideas about slots that would be just right for MIS)
  • EMC (knows our former grad, Chris Asing, now a high level manager there)
  • Hitachi GST (handed me an intern position description on the spot - needed in 30 days!)
  • Proofpoint (I ran into them by accident and they were totally interested)
  • Sysbase (realized they hired MIS in the past and promised to list it next time)
  • Symantec (met the guy who has emailed me for MIS student in the past - said 2 MIS internships just opened yesterday)
  • VMware (totally interested)
  • Yahoo (very welcoming, said "send them up")
There are probably many more that I just didn't get to so definitely don't let it stop you if they didn't say MIS!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the highlight professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. I'm happy to help. I want you all to get great jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many more benefits of pursuing CAPM Certification Training in USA It draws out the hidden skills and increase your market value that can be much beneficial for the future.

    ReplyDelete